Our 2013 Winner has been announced here is a bit of the email entry that was sent in:
“Over Columbus Day weekend, unable to get comfortable in bed, I had my left arm draped over my chest. That’s when I found the lump. I’m 38 years old, no history of anything in my family and healthy… I ran the Boston Marathon in 2011 fundraising for Mass Eye and Ear. Even though everyone kept telling me that biopsies were common, I knew what it was the day I first felt the lump. That night when my boyfriend asked what would happen, my answer was, “I’ll call my doctor on Tuesday and see her this week. She’ll send me for a mammogram and ultrasound. Then I’ll have a biopsy and then I’ll see a specialist.” On Monday, October 29th my office was closed for Hurricane Sandy and lucky I was home that day when my doctor called with the results of my biopsy. I have breast cancer.
Although I have no close relatives with breast cancer, I tested positive for the breast cancer gene. Because of that, I am having a bilateral mastectomy which is scheduled for January 10th. The first of my 8 chemo treatments will start up in early to mid February. They told me I will lose my hair within two weeks of the first treatment.
I know I will get through this and past this. I know eventually I will be fine and cancer free. Every day has brought new struggles from fertility preservation, insurance issues, breast reconstruction and the biggest… the thought of losing my hair.
This Sunday I’m getting my hair chopped off short, before surgery… I already was planning on cutting it before chemo started, but it just makes sense to do it now.
I’ve been trying to stay as positive as I can during all of this. My boyfriend has been absolutely amazing and he has been my rock during all of this. I’m so lucky to have such a supportive circle of friends and family to help me as well. Even work has been great during all of this. I’m lucky for all of that. My doctors are amazing. I’m finding humor wherever I can, even laughing when I went wig shopping with a good friend. People take their lead from me. If I show strength and courage, they follow that and feel better and more positive about what I’m going through. And that attitude from others will continue to help me get through this as times get more difficult through treatment.
The reason I decided to enter this now is to have a reminder of who I am before my surgery. Even though I still have this growing tumor inside of me, I’m strong, happy, positive and I intend to kick cancers *SS! I have found courage and strength I didn’t know I had. When I’m struggling through chemo and feeling miserable, I want a reminder of me looking happy, beautiful and sexy…”
Baby it’s cold outside…Here’s how we can warm you this holiday season!
Cloutier Photography is going to grant ONE lucky winner that chance with a BOUDOIR PARTY at our new East Weymouth studio. You and your 3 best girlfriends could win a day of pampering & poses!
For 12 days, starting December 13th, we will be adding a new prize to this special GIVEAWAY! Be sure to check our website daily!
- Become a Fan of Cloutier Photography on Facebook (It would be good karma to become fans of any vendors listed below too – and make sure to tell them we sent you!)
- Email a current photo of yourself along with at least one paragraph explaining why you would like to win, include your name, email address, and phone number to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission is: Friday, December 28th at eight p.m. (EST)
- Date of Session is: Saturday, January 5th
(Some ideas to get you started for the contest paragraph – feel free to steal! “This is our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple…”, “I lost 20 lbs this year and want to show off the new me…”, or maybe even “My partner would really love it and they deserve it because…”)
The Winner Receives:
40 Minute Session for host
Two Outfit Changes
5×7 Black 10 Page Album
And here is what YOUR FRIENDS receive:
20 Minute Session
- A Boudoir Party for you and your 3 closest friends at our new studio!
- A giftcard for an 8 PACK of BOOTCAMP from A Healthy Balance (website: www.AHealthyBalanceInc.com , facebook: www.facebook.com/AHealthyBalance) Bootcamps are an intense 45 minute full body interval strength training workout in a group setting. Work hard with like minded people to reach your fitness goals!
Choose from 12 sessions/week. All classes are currently held indoors. Bootcamps can be modified for most fitness levels.
- One free Custom Spray Tan from Jennifer Mitchell at Senza Solé (website: www.senzasole.com , facebook: www.FaceBook.com/SunlessJfer)
Senza Solé is the premier mobile spray tanning service in the South Shore area of Boston . We provide custom airbrush tanning in your home, office, hotel room or anywhere your heart desires.
- 2 hour gift certificate to the winner to be used on any of the services listed on website from Errands Etcetera (website: www.errandsetcetera.biz , facebook: www.facebook.com/ErrandsEtcetera) Overwhelmed by your “To Do List?” Errands Etcetera is here to offer an extra pair of hands to tackle all of the things that you just can’t seem to find the time to get to! They do it all from home organizing, to meal planning & preparation, to waiting for the repair man & They’ll even walk the dog! They give their clients the gift of time when their time is short!
- One beautiful faux pearl necklace from Simple Treasures Consignment Boutique (website: www.simpletreasuresconsignment.com , facebook: www.facebook.com/SimpleTreasuresConsignmentBoutique) Simple Treasures Consignment Boutique, for the fashionista who loves a good deal! Specializing in Upscale Consignment Merchandise!
- One Gift Card for a 55 minute massage at Elements Therapeutic Massage in Hingham (website: www.elementsmassage.com , facebook: www.facebook.com/elementshingham) Elements Therapeutic Massage is located in the Hingham Shipyard. Our twelve licensed therapists focus on what the clients needs. Whether relaxation, pain relief, injury rehabilitation, or deep tissue work, we have the right therapist for you. We are open 7 days a week until at least 9:00PM. Our Wellness Program offers a monthly massage enabling you to get the proactive benefits of consistent massage by incorporating it into your wellness program. Take care of your self and feel better for Everyone! Same Day Appointments available Call 781-740-3160. Gift Cards on Sale now – Save $20!
- A festive wrap platter! Red & Green wraps w/a variety of meats/cheeses as well as veggie friendly to be provided the night of the party by Scituate’s finest Front Street Gourmet (website: www.frontstreetgourmet.com , facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Front-Street-Gourmet/136267123065808) We have all you need for your entertaining needs! Beer, Wine, Spirits, Appetizers, Paninis, Wraps, Salads & Homemade Desserts! Need a Gift? We have Beautiful Gift Baskets for that ‘hard to buy for’ person!!
- Delicious cookies to be provided the night of the party by the very talented Sweet K (website: www.sweetk.net , facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-K) Making Life Sweeter One Bite at a Time! Cookie cupcakes, pops, bouquets and favors for every occasion.
- Personal Style Consultant Trica from Trust In Tricia will be on hand the night of the event to help with selecting your outfits (be sure to bring multiple options!), accessorizing, & will be giving you some posing tips! (website: www.itrustintricia.com , facebook: www.facebook.com/itrustintricia) Trust in Tricia, Wardrobe Consultant/Personal Stylist. “Take The Guessing Out Of Dressing!” Trust in Tricia believes that confidence is the key to reaching one’s personal goals. Our focus is to help empower our clients through fashion so they feel great and can show the world their true potential.
- One Mani-Pedi from Beautiful Nails (website: www.yelp.com/biz/beautiful-nails-weymouth, facebook: www.facebook.com/BeautifulNailsWeymouth(Beautiful Nails and Spa located in Jackson Square, East Weymouth
- Professional Hair Styling for you and your friends the night of the event by the very talented Stephanie Scandura. (facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanies-Styles) She’s specialized in: Cutting/Styling, Coloring/Foiling, Color Corrections, Keratin Smoothing Service, Special Occasions/Updo’s (Weddings), Facial Waxing. Looking forward to making you Look and Feel your best!
- $50 Gift Card to Victoria’s Secret
- Makeup application for you and your friends the day of event by Mary Kay Specialist Maryjo Shanahan, PLUS he winner will receive a lipgloss and a free makeup and skincare class at a later date (website: www.marykay.com/mshanahan2) Maryjo is a licensed cosmetologist and has 15 years experience. She is also a certified makeup artist and beauty consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Here is what else YOU receive:
Five 5×7 Prints